Friday, April 17, 2009

The Weather Was Fine

Thursday was a beautiful morning in the garden. We were able to container plant carrots, move some Black Eyed Susan, mulch around the herbs and spray paint buckets. Things left to be done: water the basil seeds, plant more flats in the green houses (there are empty flats in the greenhouse,) water the containers, and plant the other buckets with veggies (root vegetables can be planted until April 24th.) There may be an opportunity to plant four raised beds with vegetables in the front lawn. The other beds next to the building can be planted with herbs.

Please feel free to garden when your time allows. If you decide to plant the containers or seed flats, please bring potting soil. Please label all of the things that are planted. The garden has a ton of seeds; just send an email to evtgarden@yahoo.com and I will make sure you get the seeds.

Enjoy the beautiful spring weather.

1 comment:

  1. I've been trying to plant plants that always come up so I don't have to spend a lot of money every year. I love black-eyed susans, chicory, phlox, hydrangeas (I bought my first plant), butterfly bush,cosmos, zinnias, peonies, purple cornflowers, and the "bouncing bet."

    I never really tried to attract the butterflies.......but many of the plants I'm planting do draw them.

    I try to plant many flowers which bloom a lot of the season in zone 5. I photograph the flowers as still life images. Today I posted a fun still life image of a black-eyed susan - yesterday I posted chicory flowers.

    My blog is at http://photographyhints.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete